Are you looking for ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 motherboard review? If yes, you are in the right place. See full product specifications and review here.
This board supports the AMD Socket AM3+ for AMD FX Series CPU up to 8 cores and is also compatible with previous generation AMD Socket AM3 processors.
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Review
The TUF Series delivers preeminent stability, all-around compatibility, and extreme durability, providing the most reliable computing experience. The SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 endures a Promised Reliability Strict Test Program, to ensure safe and smooth operation even in the most challenging conditions.
Exclusive TUF features make this motherboard unique and innovative. ASUS implements cutting-edge thermal solutions CeraM!X and TUF Thermal Radar.
CeraM!X is a premium ceramic coating technology that provides a 50% larger surface for heat dissipation. TUF Thermal Radar is a unique solution that embeds 10 hardware sensors on the motherboard to provide real-time thermal detection with detailed information for every critical component.
ASUS’ new DIGI+ Power Control technology includes multiple digital voltage controllers, allowing ultra-precise modulation and tuning for both the CPU and DRAM.
ASUS E.S.P (Efficient Switching Power) not only provides more switching power for the motherboard, but also offers higher efficiency with lower power loss and less waste heat generated.
MemOK! ensures memory boot compatibility, and ESD Guards provides unique protection of motherboard components from unexpected electrostatic discharges.
This motherboard also comes with Quad-GPU SLI and Quad-GPU CrossFireX Support, providing flexible multi-GPU solutions, allowing the user to experience a brand new gaming style never experienced before.
For ultimate durability, the SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 uses military standard TUF capacitors, chokes and MOSFETS to ensure superior life-span even under the most demanding conditions.
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Specs
- TUF CeraM!X Heatsink Coating Tech. – 50% Larger Area for Heat Dissipation with the Revolutionary Ceramics-coating Technology.
- TUF Thermal Radar – Real Time Temp. Detection and Heat Removal
- TUF Components [Alloy Choke, Cap. & MOSFET; Certified by Military-standard] – Certified for Tough Duty
- New DIGI+ Power Control – All-New Digital Power Control for both CPU and DRAM
- USB BIOS Flashback – Easy, Worry-free USB BIOS Flashback with Hardware-based Design
- Remote GO! – One-stop PC Remote Control and Home Entertainment
- CeraMiX Premium ceramic-coating technology provides best heat dissipation
- TUF Thermal Radar Real-time thermal detection with professional user mode for customized settings
- TUF Capacitors, Chokes and MOSFETS Certified by military standard to ensure ultimate durability
- Windows 8 Support Ready Upgraded Hardware and Native BIOS Support, with Fast Boot Feature
- DIGI+ Power Control All-New Digital Power Control for both CPU and DRAM
AMD AM3+ FX™/Athlon™ II/Phenom™ II/Sempron™ 100 Series Processors
Supports AM3+ 32 nm CPU
Supports CPU up to 8 cores
Supports CPU up to 220 W
AMD Cool ‘n’ Quiet™ Technology
4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz ECC, Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
* Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
* Due to OS limitation, when installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows® 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Install a 64-bit Windows® OS when you want to install 4GB or more memory on the motherboard.
* Due to CPU spec., AMD 100 series CPUs support up to DDR3 1066MHz. With ASUS design, this motherboard can support up to DDR3 1333MHz.
- System Bus
Up to 5.2 GT/s HyperTransport™ 3.0
- Multi-GPU Support
Supports NVIDIA® Quad-GPU SLI™ Technology
Supports AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ Technology
- Expansion Slots
3 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (dual x16 or x16/x8/x8) *1
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode, black)
1 x PCIe 2.0 x1
1 x PCI
AMD SB950 controller :
6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), brown,
Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
ASMedia® PCIe SATA controller :
2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray,
2 x eSATA 6Gb/s port(s), red,
Realtek® 8111F, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
– Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
Audio Feature :
– Absolute Pitch 192kHz/ 24-bit True BD Lossless Sound
– Blu-ray audio layer Content Protection
– ASUS Noise Filter
– Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
- USB Ports
ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 1 controller :
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (2 at mid-board)
ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 1 controller :
4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (4 at back panel, blue)
AMD SB950 controller :
12 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (8 at back panel, , 4 at mid-board)
- Special Features
TUF ENGINE! Power Design :
– 8 +2 Digital Phase Power Design
– TUF Components (Alloy choke, Cap. & MOSFET; certified by military-standard)
– ASUS DIGI+ Power Control Utility
– E.S.P. : Efficient Switching Power Design
Ultimate COOL! Thermal Solution :
– TUF CeraM!X Heatsink Coating Tech.
– TUF Thermal Radar
ASUS Exclusive Features :
– Remote GO!
– USB BIOS Flashback®
– AI Suite II
– Ai Charger+
– ESD Guards
– Front Panel USB 3.0 Support
– ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode featuring friendly graphics user interface
– Network iControl
– USB 3.0 Boost
ASUS EZ DIY :
– ASUS O.C. Profile
– ASUS EZ Flash 2
– ASUS MyLogo 2
– Multi-language BIOS
ASUS Q-Design :
– ASUS Q-Shield
– ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
– ASUS Q-Slot
– ASUS Q-DIMM
– ASUS Q-Connector
- Operating System Support
- Back I/O Ports
1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)
2 x eSATA 6Gb/s
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (blue)
8 x USB 2.0
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
6 x Audio jack(s)
1 x USB BIOS Flashback® Button(s)
- Internal I/O Ports
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1(up to 5Gbps) connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (19-pin, moss green)
2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x TPM connector(s)
1 x COM port(s) connector(s)
8 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
4 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (4 x 4 -pin)
1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x Front panel connector(s)
1 x System panel(s) (Q-Connector)
1 x DirectKey Button(s)
1 x DRCT header(s)
1 x MemOK! button(s)
1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
4 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
1 x SLI bridge(s)
1 x Q-connector(s) (2 in 1)
1 x TUF Certification card(s)
1 x TUF 5 Year Warranty manual(s) (by region)
64 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI BIOS, PnP, SLP2.1, DMI2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 2.0a, Multi-language BIOS, ASUS EZ Flash 2, F12 PrintScreen, F3 Shortcut Function and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information
WfM 2.0, DMI 2.0, WOL by PME, WOR by PME, PXE
- Support Disc
Anti-virus software (OEM version)
- Form Factor
ATX Form Factor
12 inch x 9.6 inch ( 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm )
*1: When running dual graphics cards, be sure to insert the card in the first and third PCIex16 slot to get the best performance.
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Price
As at the time of publishing this post, the ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 motherboard is between $200 to $300. You can visit Amazon to see the current price.
Click here to apply for latest jobs in nigeria