In this article, I will show you the most simple ways on how to backup iPhone , iPad, and iPod touch to iCloud, or to iTunes.
Apple has made it very easy to duplicate and store information from your device on iCloud and iTunes. You can always retrieved your backed-up information if your device is replaced, lost or damaged.
Remember, there are two ways to backup iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. You can either backup your device to iCloud or iTunes. Backing up your device to iCloud is seemingly easy. The whole process happens wirelessly and automated. Apple has given free 5GB space for backups on iCloud. If you need more space you can pay for it.
However, there is no space limitations in iTunes. Unlike iCloud, iTunes creates backup from iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch directly on your computer. In this case, you are in full control about where you want to store your files . This actually depend on the free space you have on your PC or Mac. How Tos
Table of Contents
How to backup iPhone, iPad to iCloud
Are you looking for how to backup iphone to icloud ? If yes, see the instructions below.
1. Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
2. Go to Settings > [your name], and tap iCloud. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings, then scroll down and tap iCloud.
3. Tap iCloud Backup. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Backup. Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on.
4. Tap Back Up Now. Stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until the process completes.
You can check the progress and confirm the backup completed. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup. Under Back Up Now, you’ll see the date and time of your last backup.
How to backup iPhone, iPad to iTunes
Remember, backups in iTunes are stored on your PC or Mac. So if you are looking for how to backup iphone to computer, the this section is for you.
1. Open iTunes and connect your device to your computer.
2. If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps. If you forgot your passcode.
3. Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod when it appears in iTunes.
4. If you want to save Health and Activity data from your iOS device or Apple Watch, you need to encrypt your backup: Select the box called Encrypt [device] backup and create a memorable password. If you don’t need to save your Health and Activity data, you can make a backup that isn’t encrypted. Just click Back Up Now.
5. When the process ends, you can see if the backup finished successfully on the Summary screen in iTunes. Just look under Latest Backup to find the date and time.
That’s it on how to backup iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch to icloud, or to itunes. If you follow the step-by-step guide above, you will be able to save your device’s data from lost or damage. You can always retrieve the backed-up data anytime.
Source: Apple Support